Monday, September 2, 2013

Bonjour Jolie August 2013

My final box for August was Bonjour Jolie (aka period box).  It's a good box this month but even more impressive is their level of customer service.  I sent them an email asking for some changes in my protection distribution and to have it shipped to me a little earlier in the month for September.  Within 30 minutes I had a response confirming all the changes I requested.  Nice.

Bonjour Jolie delivers items to make that time of the month a little more pleasant in addition to a personalized breakdown of 30 feminine hygiene items for $16 (plus s/h).  They carry all the major brands, so you can get exactly what you are used to.  The August box is "Honoring the Feminine" by featuring items from all women owned businesses.  


First up we have my package of protection.


The rest of the box was divided into the following categories: the gift, the edibles, the pampering.

The gift - "Silver and Stone Bracelet" (retail $14.00)
This bracelet is handmade and mported from Peru.  It's made of alpaca silver and local precious stones. I love the light peach color of the stones and detailing of the metal work.  This is definitely a fun bracelet for daily, casual wear.


The Edibles -

"Leccare Lollipops" (retail 2 pops - $3.00)
The two flavors in my box were Salted Watermelon and Peach Cobbler.  The cinnamon in the Peach Cobbler pop really gave it a little kick.  I love hard candies with unique flavors.

"Just Add Honey Tea" (5 bags - $3.50)
I also love fun flavored teas.  Teas are a way to trick me into drinking more water.


The Pampering - 

"Organic Herbal Hand Scrub" (retail $2.00)
A good hand scrub is always handy.  Especially when followed by - 

"Happy Hands Lotion" (retail $1)
Have to keep my hands nice and soft.  Especially after a scrub.

"Scardey cat Mineral Eye Shadow" (retail $1.50)
This color looks a little on the dark side for me, but it will be fun to try for a night out.

"Herbal Bath Salts" (retail $1)
I really should take more baths.  Maybe this will motivate one soon.

"Sensibles Sanitary Bags" (retail $1)
I get that these are biodegradable disposable bags, but I don't really see a use for these.  

"Advil"
These single dose packs are great to have in my purse or clutch.  



Overall a good box and great customer service the total value of the box was ~$28 including the price of the protection.  Although I've canceled some boxes lately, Bonjour Jolie is definitely one I will continue with.



No comments:

Post a Comment