Thursday, September 26, 2013

Bonjour Jolie September 2013

The next boxed adventure to arrive is Bonjour Jolie - aka period box ;-).  As usual it was nice to have some nice surprises to go along with my monthly supplies.

Bonjour Jolie is a time of the month box that sends you monthly supplies in the brand of your choosing along with special treats for $16/month (plus s/h).  The theme this month was "Go Vegan" and all of the included items fit for a vegan lifestyle.  While I myself am not vegan, I do already find it interesting to see what types of different products are out there.  

The Gift:
Personalized Silver Necklace (retail: $16)  I actually really like this!  It's very cute and casual and I love how it has the letter K just for me :-)


The Edibles:
Gourmellow - By Desidero Chocolates (retail: $3)  This is a vegan marshmallow that truly didn't taste any different from the real thing.  It was a perfect treat to brighten my afternoon.

SerendipiTea Tea Company (retail $3.50)  This is loose tea with a reusable cotton filter bag.  Interesting idea, but it seems like a lot of work to always be cleaning a filter bag.  I understand the point is not to have extra paper tea bags as waste, but I think I'd rather brew my loose tea in my teapot.  I'm willing to give a try though.


The Pampering:
PuurBody Full Size Vegan Lip Balm (retail $3.50)  I love lip balms.  Honestly I think is the only beauty product I use every day no matter what - several times a day in fact.  This lip balm smells amazing and was also had a great texture.

Just Pure Minerals Bronzer and Brush (retail $1.50)  Cute handy size, but loose powder in small containers like this are often challenging for me.  

Sunny Day Botanicals Organic Lotion (retail $2.00)  Always handy to have a small travel size of lotion.  

U Just Relax Bath Tea (retail $2.00). Apparently this can be reused for 2-4 baths and dried in between. I can't remember the last time I took a bath but perhaps this will inspire one. 


Protection:
A mix of feminine hygiene items I chose along with 2 travel packs of Advil and 2 feminine wipes (retail ~ $12).


This box had amazing value (~$41)!  I love how Bonjour Jolie makes stocking up on necessary items a little more enjoyable each month. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment