Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 2013 Birchbox

Here come the September boxes!

First up: Birchbox

This September marks Birchbox's 3 year anniversary so the theme is "heritage."  For those of you who aren't familiar, Birchbox is a beauty sample box that sends 5-6 deluxe beauty samples monthly for $10/month.  There is also a men's version of the box for $20 a month, but I haven't convinced D that he wants to try it yet.

Here is the box and all the goodies inside.


My first item is "Dr. Lipp - Original Nipple Balm for Lips"  (Full size: $14.50, Sample Size: $2.90).  I did a double take when I saw the name of this product.  While it was originally designed for nursing mothers it's now marketed as a product to bring ultra hydration to dry lips.  Apparently boys like it too since GQ magazine named it one of the top three lip moisturizers.  The product is very thick and a little goes a long way.  I usually always put lip balm on before going to sleep and I definitely noticed my lips were nice and soft when I woke up today.  I think this might be my favorite item in the box.


Next is "Grand Central Beaty - SMART Skin Perfecting Polisher" (Full size: $38, Sample Size: $7.60).  This product definitely seems interesting.  Apparently it beads up after massaging it into skin as it it exfoliates, tones, smooths, and moisturizes.  Rinsing is optional and apparently the little beads can just be wiped away.  I haven't tried this yet, but this would be great for traveling when I don't want to bring my full skin care regimen along.


The third sample is "Ruffian - Nail Lacquer in Delirium" (Full size: $10, Sample Size: FULL SIZE!).  It's always fun to get a full sized item in a box.  I also LOVE this deep shade of purple.  It will be great for a mani/pedi to compliment a dark green dress I'm wearing to a wedding next week.


The "Serge Normant - Meta Luxe Hair Spray" (Full size: $25, Sample Size: $6.67) is probably my least favorite sample just because I never really use hairspray.  This smaller size will be great for traveling though if I have an event that requires my hair to be curled and therefore hair-esprayed. 


Last but not least is a sample of "Keratherapy - Deep Conditioning Masque" (Full size: $23, Sample Size: $0.38).  I've never done a hair masque, but I'm always excited for anything to make my hair softer/shinier. 


I really liked my box this month.  My least favorite samples are the hair products, but I'm happy not to see monthly perfume vials lately.  The overall value of the box is $27.55 which is definitely a good value.

What did other people get in their birchboxes this month?  Interested in signing up for Birchbox?  Please use my link!   http://birch.ly/13uUfhH

No comments:

Post a Comment