Thursday, April 17, 2014

Birchbox April 2014

This month my Birchbox and Ipsy bag arrived on the same day!  I've seen some other bloggers compare the two in a single post, but I'm going to keep them separate.

The theme for April's Birchbox is "Rainy Days."  With the crazy weather lately, it should have been "unpredictable days" but my input isn't asked for when the box theme's are decided.  ;-)  It included a little numbered card with a tip for rainy day activities.  I got tip #7 which was to read a book.  While not super original, it is a good idea.  

Here is my April box:


Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel (full size: $22, sample value: $6.68)
I'm a bushy eyebrow gal who threads regularly.  I've never used brow gel before, but I do admit this helps make them appear super neat and uniform.  A fun sample, but not something I plan to add to the beauty regimen.  


BeeKind Body Lotion (full size: $15, sample value: $1.90)
This lotion is made of honey and chamomile, but has a VERY strong flowery scent.  Not really my style (and I have lots of lotions right now).  This will go in the gift/trade pile.


Davines Oi Shampoo and Oi Conditioner (full size: $26/$32, sample value: $1.11/$1.54)
Not a fan of foil packet samples, but it is always nice to try a new shampoo and conditioner.  These will be good to take on a weekend trip away.  


Shea Terra Organics Rose Hips Black Soap Facial Cleanser (full size: $16, sample value: $4)
I've read some amazing reviews of the black soap from Shea Terra so I was super excited to try this.  The consistency is a little thick and reminded me of molasses.  I wasn't really a fan of the smell.  It definitely cleaned my face, but it felt a little too "squeaky clean" when I finished.  This won't be a cleanser I use again.  I'm glad I tried it without having a full size!


Kind Snacks Healthy Grains Bar ($11.88 for 15 bars, sample value: $0.79 (1 bar)
My bar was the Maple Pumpkin Seeds with Sea Salt (I use the past tense because I enjoyed this pretty much right away).  It was delicious and not as sweet as many of the other Kind Bars I've had in the past.


Overall this is one of the most disappointing Birchboxes I've had in a while.  The value was on the lower side ($16.02) and I'm not thrilled about any of the items.  Hopefully next month will be better.

What did other people get in their April Birchboxes?  

Interested in trying Birchbox?  Please use my referral link!  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/vnw45

#birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment