Monday, December 16, 2013

Monday Musings 12/16/13

Happy Monday everyone!  As December continues to fly by, here are some of my latest musings!

1. We put up our first Christmas tree!
Here is our Christmas tree!  Picking out a tree in NYC is a little different than how it was done while growing up, but this one is perfect for our apartment.  We don't have a massive ornament collection yet so candy canes were the perfect solution to empty branches.  The only issue we are having is that it doesn't seem to be drinking much water.  I think it's drinking a little but not enough that we have to refill the stand every day.  We put it in water about 10 minutes after getting a fresh cut, so I don't think that would have been enough time for the trunk to close up with sap.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Christmas is only about a week away and we don't want to un-decorate it to make a fresh cut.  :-(


2. We like to play Chess
We're big TV and movie fans.  It also seems like there are many distractions online every day.  D and I have been trying to play chess together as a way to unwind a bit instead of zoning out digitally.  Sometimes our games last for quite a while, but D usually wins.  I'm getting better though. 


3. OMG Homeland and Revenge!
Without giving away spoilers from last night, I was totally shocked by what happened on both shows. Especially Homeland.  I wonder where the show will go from here.  

4.  I'm still trying to find a niche for the blog
It's been about 6 months of blogging. Yea!  I'm still not sure where this adventure will take me.  The box reviews are fun, but I know there are many other box blogs.  Any suggestions from the world out there of how to make the blog even more interesting?  Any requests for posts?  ;-)

That's all for today!  More box reviews coming soon!

#Mondaymusings


No comments:

Post a Comment