Friday, February 21, 2014

February 2014 Birchbox

You may notice my Birchbox review is a little late this month.  This is the reason why:


Unfortunately my box arrived with a broken sample of hair oil.  It was a complete mess of oily, broken glass and I had to throw the whole thing away.  :-(  I am however happy to report that Birchbox was VERY quick to respond to the situation.  They sent a replacement my way and informed me the items inside would possibly be different.  Here is my new box!


Beauty Protector Protect & Oil (Full size: $21.95, sample size ~$2)
Of course the only item that was the same between the two boxes was the item that caused the problem.  Haha.  I don't use hair oil on a regular basis, but will keep this around for times when I pull out the curling iron/blow dryer. 


Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner (Full size: $45, sample size - $11.25)
I love this brand and I love how this has a great matte finish.  It's great how it can be used both under and over makeup.


Joan Vass L'eau de Cristal (Full size: $75, sample size ~ $1)
I'm not a huge fan of fragrance samples, but they are definitely handy for travel or to carry in a purse.  I actually really like how soft this musky scent is.


OPI Sheer Tints Top Coat (Full size: $9, sample size $2.25)
This top coat has a light purple tint.  I'm going to need to look up the best ways to use it.  It might be a fun way to touch up a manicure that is a few days old!


Harney and Sons Fine Teas ($9.60 for 20, sample size - 2 bags (~1)
It's always fun to try new tea flavors.  I'm enjoying the White Vanilla Grapefruit right now.


Overall this is a middle of the road box for me.  The total value is around $15 which is on the lower side of many previous boxes.  I do understand that this was a replacement though.  Hopefully I have some more exciting items in March!

Interested in trying Birchbox?  Please use my link!  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/vnw45

#birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment