Monday, October 7, 2013

DeLonghi Lattissima Plus and Rocksbox #6

A nice cappuccino always brightens a grey afternoon.  As does a box of fun jewelry.  Today is the perfect day to share my thoughts on our new DeLonghi Lattissima Plus machine and the latest Rocksbox!

I'm not someone who drinks coffee.  I am however someone who spends way too much money drinking overpriced Starbucks drinks (aka milk with flavored sugar and a little espresso).  With D being a huge fan of Nespresso, the discovery of the DeLonghi Lattissima Plus machine via our friend Debbie was a major success.  Unlike the pervious Nespresso machines, this one makes both plain espresso AND lattes and cappuccinos.  The milk foamer is directly connected yet removable to store in the refrigerator.  After purchasing a travel mug, I can proudly report that this whole week I've stayed out of Starbucks and have enjoyed my Vanilla Lattes made at home.  Usually it takes even less time than waiting on the line at Starbucks which is another added perk.  Using some of our wedding gift money towards this purchase was definitely a worthy investment.

Here is a photo of the pretty double cappuccino I made this afternoon.  I don't usually drink it out of a juice glass but I wanted to share the pretty layering effect.  I was hoping my vanilla almond milk would work well in the machine, but unfortunately it ended up tasting burnt.  It looks like I'll be sticking with skim milk.  Vanilla almond milk is apparently better to be enjoyed cold.


My Rocksbox #6 arrived today.  Here is the breakdown:

Druzy POP Ring in Black Quartz and Silver by Kristine Lily (Retail $48, Member's Price $38.40)
This ring is small, dainty, and pretty cute.  It's a fun add on accessory.  The size is perfect so I'll try to incorporate this as much as possible before returning this box.


Radiance Earrings in White by Liz Palacios (Retail $128, Member's Price $102.40)
These earrings are quite sparkly and very pretty.  These will definitely be perfect for a couple of nights out I have coming up.  I don't quite love them enough to want to keep them (especially for the price), but I will definitely enjoying wearing these. 


Clara Bracelet by Loren Hope (Retail $65, Member's Price $52)
This bracelet is nice, and I would probably enjoy wearing it, but it's too big for me.  I think my wrists are on the small side. It's too bad this isn't adjustable.  Oh well. 


Overall it's a pretty good Rocksbox.  I'll probably end up sending it back after wearing the earrings a few times.  Interested in giving Rocksbox a try?  Please use my link!  http://curebit.com/x/VnBjRX

#rocksbox
#nespresso

No comments:

Post a Comment