Thursday, October 17, 2013

October 2013 Birchbox

Birchbox time!  This month's theme is "Beauty Buzz" and I can say it definitely did not disappoint.  I've only had the box for one day and I've already tried most of the items.

Birchbox is a monthly beauty subscription box that sends out 4-5 deluxe beauty samples based on your individual profile for $10/month.  Some months are better than others, but I've really enjoyed being introduced to many new products via this service.  


Here is the beautifully wrapped box.


My first item is "Reality Base Foundation" by Alison Raffaele (sample value: ?, full size: $38).  This foundation is oil-free and actually really light.  I was sent "skin tone 3" and it's surprisingly a great match.  I usually don't wear liquid foundation, but it's great to know this product is out there.


My next two items were the facial cleansing system by Liz Earle.  It included the Cleanse & Polish Hot Cloth Cleanser (sample value: $6.51, full size $21.50) and one of their Pure Muslin Cloths (sample value: $3, 2 cloths - $6).  This British cleansing system had amazing reviews online and I was very excited to try it.  I'm a fan of using my clarisonic a couple times a week, but have been wanting to find a daily gentle cleanser I love.  I think this is it.  The smell is very soft and it left my skin feeling super soft.  Even my eye makeup came off easily.  This product is definitely a winner.  The super cute packaging made it feel extra special too.  :-)


Next I received Aqua Lacquer by POP Beauty (sample value - FULL SIZE!!! $14).  At first glance I was worried this was another lip product that was going to be too bright for me, but it goes on nice and sheer.  The applicator is paddle shaped so it makes putting it on very easy and precise.  


The final item is a new category of the box called "Birchbox Find."  Supposedly these will be mass-market items that Birchbox decides to share in addition to the usual samples.  This month is the 8 hour moisture Hydration Lock Chapstick in Vanilla Creme (sample value - FULL SIZE!!! $2.49).  I'm a person who can never have enough chapstick (I keep one in every bag I own), so I definitely appreciate this item.  It also included a coupon for a $1 off purchasing another in any regular store.  


Overall a great Birchbox!  I'm actually considering purchasing a full size version of the cleanser once I've finished up my sample.  The total value of my box is $26 plus the foundation sample.  

Is anyone else familiar with the Liz Earle cleansing products?  Did anyone else have any great finds this month in their Birchbox?  

Interested in giving Birchbox a try?  Please use my link!  http://birch.ly/13uUfhH
#birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment