Friday, October 11, 2013

Popsugar Must Have October 2013

It's been an exciting few weeks of new boxes.  Here is one more.  

I've enjoyed reading the website popsugar for the past couple years.  They have a monthly "must have" box for $35/month that I finally decided to try out for the next 3 months.  Since I canceled the similarly priced Fancy box, I felt ok using my monthly box budget towards trying this one.  

The items in the box are divided into categories for food, beauty, fashion, and home.  There weren't any home items in this box.  Maybe next time.  Here is the box:




Must have food:

The Can't Cook Book by Jessica Seinfeld ($16.79)
This new cookbook looks like it would be great for someone moving into a new apartment and starting to cook for themselves.  The recipes look basic and there are lots of photos.  Since I like to think I "can cook" (and since blue apron and plated make it so easy), I think I'll be gifting this item.  


This is a giant rice crispy treat.  It looks nice and soft and delicious.   It's definitely big enough for two people so I will share it with D in a sneaky effort to convince him like this box.  ;-)



Must have beauty:

NYX Cosmetics Liquid liner ($4.50) and Smokey Shadow Palette ($7)
The colors in the eye shadow palate are nice, but I'm doing pretty well on the makeup front right now.   This will also be great for the gifting pile.  

I have been curious to try Julep polish for a while.  I really like how this includes both the color (dark navy blue) and top coat.  

At first I thought this was just a hairbrush and I didn't need another one.  Then I looked at the condition of my current hairbrush and realized it was definitely time to replace it.  This brush is great on both dry and wet hair.  The bristles are soft and extra flexible.  It's a definite upgrade from its predecessor.  


Must have fashion:

This is like a fancy version of a friendship bracelet with a great cause.  When purchased on their website, Gorjana is donating 100% of the proceeds to benefit Breast Cancer Connections.  The bright pink color makes it stand out while still being dainty.  It also fits my wrist perfectly.  This will be a staple of mine during breast cancer awareness month.  


Jane Tran Bobby Pins ($12)

Very cute hair pins!  Now I need to come up with some hairstyles that showcase cute hairpins.  




Must have Bonus: 
Whohoo!  I was planning on getting another stitch fix in a few weeks (I still want to find some non t-shirt casual tops), so having this card will cancel out the styling fee AND also let me out $20 towards an item.  For a person who is already a stitch fix fan, this is a definite win.  


The grand total of everything in the box is $156.74.  I'm super happy with that value for $35.  Yes, some of the items will  be gifted, but the hairbrush, bracelet, and stitchfix card alone are worth more than what I paid.  I'm excited to see what "must have" items popsugar has in mind for November. 

Interested in getting a popsugar must have box for yourself?  Please use my referral link - http://popsu.gr/ndbC

#popsugar
#musthave

No comments:

Post a Comment