Sunday, October 27, 2013

Stitch Fix #2

On this beautiful fall weekend, I was excited to see the arrival of my second Stitch Fix box.  Since I was really hoping for some great tops in my last box (and it didn't end up happening - instead I ended up with a dress I love), I was hopeful I could get some season appropriate long sleeve tops to go with jeans on the weekend.  I also mentioned how I would love to find a great blazer.

A quick refresher of how stitch fix works:
1.  Fill out a VERY extensive style and sizing profile on their website.  You can also include a link to a pinterest board for inspiration.
2.  Sign up for when you would like to have your "fix" delivered.  The styling fee is $20 and includes all shipping.
3.  When your fix arrives, spend 3 days deciding which items you would like to keep by trying everything on at home. If you keep anything, the $20 styling fee is deducted from the items cost. The items you don't keep are sent back in a pre-paid USPS envelope.  If you decided to keep the whole box (5 items), you'll get the entire contents of the box for 25% off.
4.  Review all the items online.  By providing feedback about fit, styles, and colors, supposedly each future fix becomes even more tailored to your unique style.
5.  Sign up for your next fix!  Another option is to sign up to get a "fix" monthly.  I signed up for the monthly option for now but only plan to keep items I love.  If it gets to be too much, I'll switch scheduling it less frequently.

For this second "fix" my stylist was Jennifer.  I guess this answers my question about always having the same stylist since last time Jackie picked my items.

Here is my fix!



Noe Cap Sleeve V-Neck Sheath Dress by Andrew Marc in Olive - $148
I like the style of this dress, but the fit was off.  Even after trying it with different bras, it was too large on the top.  For a dress of this cost, it has to be amazing for me to purchase it.   A simple dress like this would have required a perfect fit.  Verdict - RETURN.


Breccan Dot Print Mixed Material Blouse by Kensie in Red - $68
When I first saw this blouse I was excited because of the color and thought this could be a great piece to incorporate into my weekend wardrobe.  But then I didn't love it.  The breccan dots were not my favorite and I didn't really like how it was form fitting in the sleeves yet so loose in the torso.  Verdict - RETURN.



Dorsey Chunky Knit Drape Front Cardigan by THML in Turquoise - $108
First of all, I think a more appropriate name for the color of this sweater would be "dusty mint."  This would be a perfect sweater to wear while cozied up in the library on a fall/winter night while, drink a pumpkin spice latte, and spend hours studying for some exam.  Fortunately that's not my life anymore but therefore I don't see this piece being much of a staple in my wardrobe.  Verdict - RETURN.



Jezebel Lurex Detailed Button Up Cardigan by Mystree in Off-White - $68
This is really not my style at all but I did follow the stitch fix directions and try it on like everything else.  It is still not my style.  I didn't like the pretend collar, gold stitching, or detailed buttons.  Verdict - RETURN. 



Salma French Terry Striped Blazer by Tart in Black - $128
I actually found this "blazer" a little confusing.  It was a very thin and form fitting material that I don't think would provide much warmth.  I would almost call it more of a sweater pretending to be a blazer.  The vertical stripes didn't really do much for me either.  Verdict - RETURN.'



So this was not really a success.  I was a little disappointed, but I do really plan to stick by my plan to only purchase items I plan to wear on a regular basis.  Before my next fix, I plan on doing some updating on my corresponding Pinterest board so hopefully the next items are more on point with my style.  I do still like the concept (and how it's a huge time saver!) so I'll definitely give them a few more chances.

Interested in also trying Stitch Fix?  Please use my link - for everyone I know who signs up, I'll receive a credit to purchase something in one my next fixes.  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3184070

#stitchfix

No comments:

Post a Comment