Monday, October 28, 2013

Monday Musings 10/28/13

Happy Monday everyone!  There have been a couple of random thoughts I've had lately, some relating to items from boxes but not all of them, and I think a weekly posts on Monday's with some of these thoughts would be enjoyable.

1.  It's a super exciting Monday for St. Louis sports fans!
I'm a diehard Rams fan and tonight is their first Monday Night Football appearance since 2006.  Unfortunately the starting quarterback is out for the season and the matchup is against one of the best teams in the NFC (the SeaTurkeys).  I try to stay optimistic before all games, but I'm a little concerned about how this is going to go - especially since a potential disaster will be nationally televised.  Of course, the St. Louis Cardinals will be playing game 5 of the World Series next door (both games are in STL!).  Hopefully they can pull ahead at make the series 3-2.  It could be an AMAZING night if both the Rams and Cardinals can pull off a win.


2.  Who are all these people that have reality TV shows?
I'm a pretty avid TV watcher and I feel like I'm pretty up to date with what is going on with pop culture, but it seems that there are many reality TV shows about "celebrities" that I have never heard of.  Who are these people and who decided giving them a whole TV show that will probably only last one season was a good idea?

3.  Blueapron and Plated are still awesome
Even though I haven't been posting our weekly meals, D and I have had some delicious meals from both these companies over the past few weeks.  A couple plates even earned an elusive score of 10/10 from both of us.  I seriously can not recommend these services enough!  If you would like to try Plated, please use my referal link: https://www.plated.com/invites/c68767.  If you would like to try a week of Blueapron for FREE, comment below and I'll send a free week your way!  :-)


4.  Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish is also amazing
This has been one of the best Birchbox discoveries I have had in a long time.  I ended up purchasing a full sized bottle of this cleanser and the toner as well.  My skin is very sensitive and a bit unpredictable. After 2 weeks, my skin has never been so soft and clear.  I'm apparently not the only one who loves this product as it's currently sold out at Birchbox, but it's definitely worth trying out if you ever have a chance.  


5.  I love spinning but....
I really enjoy going to spin class as part of my usual workout regimen, but I never am able to get into the class as much if the instructor plays music I don't know or music without lyrics.  I really think that being a good spin instructor also requires being a good DJ.  I have yet to try out the Soul Cycle phenomenon, but when I do I'll be sure to report back.

6.  Rent the Runway is one of my favorite things ever
My friends all know what a fan of Rent the Runway I've become over this past year.  I've been able to wear some amazing dresses this year (especially with all the wedding related festivities!) without spending a fortune and ending up with dresses filling my closet I'll only wear 1-2 times.  They also just opened a new showroom in Henri Bendel's in NYC.  I went to check it out last week and it's great to see so many of their options in person all at once.  They deliver nationwide so if anyone wants to give them a try, please use my link and also get $20 off your first rental.  http://www.renttherunway.com/referral/Sparklie59

That's all the random things to share today!  Now I'm off to find a Halloween costume with minimal commitment.....

#renttherunway
#plated
#blueapron
#birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment