Monday, November 11, 2013

Monday Musings 11/11/13

Exciting news!  My Monday Musings are on time this week!  Here are some random thoughts of mine as the week gets started.

1.  Does anyone else always seem to have printer drama?
We have a wireless printer connected to our home computer.  I'd say I have the need to print something maybe once every 2 weeks or so.  For whatever reason, it seems like I frequently find myself having to reset/redownload/reconnect something.  Before I know it, I discover that it's taken me 45 minutes to print one page.  I have no idea why this seems to be a persistent issue.  On a positive note about the printer, I figured out (with D's help) how to transfer an address book into Word and print labels.  That was a huge printer success, so I guess I should be happy with that.  


2.  I'm obsessed with Candy Crush  
I'm one of those people who is totally obsessed with this silly game.  Anytime I'm alone with my phone, it seems I'll play a level or two.  I thought for sure I would be tired of it by now, but the levels continue to keep me engaged.  There is both a sense of pride and embarrassment when I admit that I'm on level 285.  


3.  ARTPOP
There are plenty of people expressing their opinions of Lady Gaga's new album so I figured I'd join in too.  ARTPOP contains the eclectic mix of randomness found on her previous 3 albums, but I find myself being intrigued by how all the tracks fit together.  Many of the songs lack the typical pop catchiness found in most other mainstream releases.  The album seems to work best when listening from beginning to end, but there are a handful of songs that I predict will end up doing well as singles in the long run.  My favorite tracks are Aura, Venus, Do What U Want, Dope, and Gypsy.

4.  Sick people should NOT go to the gym
This morning I went to spin class.  Everyone was ready to get their week started with a good workout when someone came in right as the class was about to start and took the last available bike.  In addition to her water bottle, this woman arrived with a large stash of Kleenex.  She started coughing.  She didn't stop coughing for the entire 45 minutes.  Everyone in the room was giving her dirty looks, but it accomplished nothing.  As soon as class was over, everyone else in the room pretty much ran straight to  the hand sanitizer.  All the coughing and risking getting everyone sick was bad enough on its own, but it was also apparent that through the whole workout everyone else in the room was looking around being worried about catching whatever illness this sick person had.  I'm not a crazy germ-a-phobe, but I really wish those with un-controllable coughs would wait until they are feeling better before going to gym.  

That's all for now.  Feel free to add your thoughts on any of these Monday Musings!

No comments:

Post a Comment