Saturday, November 23, 2013

Stitch Fix #3

My third StitchFix arrived just as I was packing for our Thanksgiving vacation.  The timing was actually perfect since I figured I might have something fun to pack.  This being my third fix, I was hoping issues with how things fit would be resolved and that I would love at least one item to put the $20 styling fee to use.

Here is my fix!  The box was lighter and less full than the previous ones.  


Amy was my stylist this time.  I guess my feedback from each order gets saved centrally and I should expect to always have a different stylist.  She mentioned in her note to me she was sending some blouses that would go great with jeans and a different blazer to try.  Since I had previouslyshared a link of my Pinterest board with styles I like, one of the dresses she included was one I had previously pinned in a different color.  Here are the items in my fix:

Missy Polka Dot Tab Sleave Blouse by 41Hawthorn ($58)
I really liked this print.  Unfortunately, like the other blouses I've received from stitchfix previously, the fit was too boxy in the body.  41Hawthorn is the house brand for stitchfix and I think I need a size down in their blouses.  I made sure to include that in my feedback. The fact the fabric was very sheer was not something I was thrilled about, but if the fit would have been great I would have been happy to always wear a tank top under it. Status: Returned



Capitola Fit and Flare Tank Dress by 41Hawthorn ($78)
This was the dressed I had pinned on my Pinterest board, so I was excited to see it in the box.  It was also nice to know the Pinterest board actually gets looked at by the stylists.  Even though the version I had pinned was in red, I was very excited for this shade of blue.  The fit was perfect.  (Sorry for blurry photo! :-(  ) Status: Kept



Ivy Lace Printed Tab Sleave Blouse by 41Hawthorn ($68)
I liked the color, but the fit of this blouse was the same as the other one.  Too big.  Status: Returned



Joede Asymmetrical Sheath Dress by Miilla ($68)
The asymmetry was part of the draping on the back which I couldn't manage to get a good photo of. I felt like the dress was kind of shapeless and didn't do much for me.  Maybe I should have tried belting it, but I didn't particularly care for it enough to consider it. (Another blurry photo. Sorry!!!)  Status: Returned



Toshi Contrast Long Sleave Blazer by 41Hawthron ($88)
While the blouses by this brand are too big, this jacket was too small. They are both the same size but I would have needed a bigger size in this.  I also didn't love the contrast cuffs. Maybe a blazer is something too difficult to estimate the right size for.  Status: Returned



Overall I liked the styles I was sent, but the fit just wasn't right for most of the items this time around.  I ended up keeping the dress since it's a peice I know I'll wear and the price was very reasonable (especially when putting the styling fee to use).  In addition to my feedback regarding the sizing, I requested my next fix not include dresses.  I'm really hoping to add some great separates to my wardrobe with my next fix.  #stitchfix

Interested in trying stitchfix?  Please use my referral link!  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3184070.   

No comments:

Post a Comment