Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday Musings 11/25/13

Welcome to Monday Musings Island edition. :-)

1. Antigua is beautiful
We are having an amazing time here in the beautiful Antigua.   It's my first time staying at an all inclusive resort, and I'm quite impressed.  The frozen cocktails and delicious food just keep coming. Here is the view from our beachfront room - complete with a rainbow. 



Here is a picture is a red footed tortise.  I named him Elviki. :-)


We don't plan on doing much other than enjoying the soft sounds of the ocean waves, but on Wednesday I'll get to show D my Katnis skills with a bow and arrow. 

2.  Kids do not belong at R rated movies
The weekend before leaving on our vacation, D and I went to go see "12 Years a Slave."  It is a very powerful film and will definitely get attention during awards season.  I realize the harsh images and vocabulary are a sad reality of American history, but that does not mean someone should bring a 7 year old to this movie.  A couple in front of us brought a small child to the theatre.  As I keep thinking about the movie, I also continue to be disturbed someone would bring a kid to see this.  The movie is rated R for a reason. :-(

3.  I'm over the juicing craze
I was becoming a fan of occasional juice cleansing before our wedding and I still maintain if anyone is curious to give it a try the Blueprint cleanse is the way to go. Last week I decided to try a similar cleanse offered by a new juice bar near our apartment.  I don't know if it was the fact the juices were different or if my body is now just decided to be tired of juicing, but I didn't even make it half a day.  By lunch time, it felt like crap and ended up eating lunch.  I realize this doesn't make much sense but I'm still done with juicing.  


That's all for now!  Happy Thanksgiving week to all!!

#Mondaymusings

No comments:

Post a Comment