Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Birchbox May 2014

Now to review the box that started it all - birchbox.  The theme for May's Birchbox is "freewheeling" which means the samples are supposed to tie in to enjoying the spring sunshine.  The box also contains a $25 off coupon for Kate Spade Saturday items.  Here is my May box:


Silver Eyeliner by Cynthia Rowley Beauty (sample value: $12, full size: $16)
I love eyeliners and am always open to trying new colors.  Silver is a new one for me.  It's a very smooth formula but this metallic shade was too much for me.  I did a light application on my lower eyelids and I looked like an extra from Cirque du Soleil.  It was definitely fun to try, but this won't be a look you'll see my wearing.  Too bad I didn't get another color.  


Spa Therapy Body Lotion by Gilchrist & Soames (sample value: $2.53, full size: $15)
The scent of this lotion is "sea fennel" and it's not too overpowering.  This will be a great lotion to travel with.


BB Cream Golden Glow by Marcelle (sample value: $4.72, full size: $27)
This BB cream has a very smooth matte finish which I love.  The problem for me with this product is the lack of SPF.  I'll use the sample for evenings out, but the lack of SPF will prevent me from adding this to my daily routine.



Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner by Number 4 High Performance Hair Care
(shampoo: sample value: $4, full size: $34, conditioner: $0.26, full size: $36)
Unfortunately still not excited by shampoo/conditioner samples.  Especially if they come in foil packets.  :-(


All-in-One Gummy Vitamins for Adults (sample value: $0.33, full size $30)
I already take a multivitamin, so I don't really have a need for these.


Unfortunately this was a slightly disappointing month for my birchbox.  These boxes are usually hit or miss but usually there is at least one item I'm excited about.   The overall value of the samples is around $20 which is a great value for the $10 price tag and it did enable me to try new things.  It would be pretty unrealistic for me to expect the best box ever every month.  ;-)

What did other people get in their birchboxes this month?

Interested in trying birchbox?  Please use my referral link! https://www.birchbox.com/invite/vnw45

#birchbox

No comments:

Post a Comment