Thursday, May 22, 2014

Stitch fix #8

It's been a little quiet on the posting front lately but things will be picking up soon as we transition from May to June.  I have a great Wantable post planned to discuss their amazing customer service but I'm waiting until I have the full story to share.

In the meantime, I received my 8th delivery from Stitch fix yesterday.  At the suggestion of other blogs reviewing stitch fix, I decided to mention how much I loved my stylist Kyle from my last fix and how I hoped to have her (him?  not sure) be my stylist again.  I also made sure to update my Pinterest board with styles I like and mentioned that Kate Middleton is my celebrity fashion inspiration (what I really need is to have a royal hairstylist at my disposal, but that's a different issue).  My hope was that by making my tastes as clear as possible, I would continue to find at least one item in the fix to apply the $20 styling fee.  

My request worked!  There was a note from Kyle in the box that mentioned the items she (he?) chose channeled a Kate Middleton vibe.   Here is my latest fix:

Rita Airy Knit Pocket-Front Cardigan by La Made ($54)
This is a cute sweater and like the color, but I don't think it's an item I would wear too frequently.  The knit is also very delicate and I worried it about it snagging very easily.  Status: Returned


Wynn Mixed Dot Print Front Pocket Blouse by Papermoon ($48)
Eh.  This is my least favorite item in the box.  It's not terrible, but I don't see myself ever wearing it.  Status: Returned


Frany Cap Sleeve Cotton Embroidered Hemline Dress by Moon Collection ($28)
Here is a perfect example of a dress that I would never think to try on if I passed it in a store.  It's a perfect daytime summer dress and was extremely comfortable.  It seems very well made for the shocking low price too.  Status: KEPT!


Shakira Lace Sleeve Blouse by Papermoon ($48)
I like this style of blouse, but it was way too tight in the shoulders.  Status: Returned


Tuck Striped Fit and Flare Dress by Katherine Barclay ($88)
If I didn't already own a black/white striped dress, this would have definitely been a keeper.  I love the little yellow belt too.  Status: Returned


Even though I only ended up keeping one item, this was definitely one of my favorite fixes.  What was also interesting was that the prices for the items listed on my print out were a little different (a little higher) than the prices online when I went to check out.  I guess maybe there is a sale of some type going on over at stitch fix?  Or they are lowering prices on some items?  Either way, I'm not complaining.  

Interested in trying Stitch Fix and updating your spring/summer wardrobe?  It's a great way to find out styles that look great that you wouldn't choose for yourself.Please use my referral link!

#stitchfix

No comments:

Post a Comment