Sunday, January 19, 2014

Birchbox January 2014

The January Birchbox theme is "Go Time" which is a great message at the start of a new year.  In addition to the samples, some motivational postcards were included.  :-)


Here is my January box:


Nail Rock Glitter (Full Size! - $7)
This is a red nail polish with a small pot of red glitter.  I could see this being great for an accent nail if I did my own nails at home.  It's always fun to get full sized items, but I will probably end up gifting this.


Retrospect Hand and Nail Reconstructor (Full size: $36, Sample size: $2?)
I'm not a fan of foil packet samples since they can only be used once and are pretty small.  It was nice to get two packets to try out at least.  This creme is very thick but did leave my hands feeling soft and hydrated. 


Serge Normant Dry Conditioner (Full size: $25, Sample size: ~$12)
I've become a fan of dry shampoo (especially after a blowout!), but have never heard of dry conditioner before.  Apparently this is a companion to dry shampoo and increases a healthy shine when used on the end and middle of hair strands.  I look forward to giving it a try.


ZENMED Support Serum (Full size: $29.95, Sample size:  $5)
Serum is always great to have especially during these dry winter months.


Under Armor Braided Mini Headband ($19.99 for pack of 3, $6.66 for 1)
I love Under Armor, and this is a very fun green color.  Unfortunately my head is too big for headbands.  I need them to be super soft otherwise they are way too tight.  This might have to be gifted as well.  :-(


Overall this is just an OK box.  It has a good value (~$32), but I'm not particularly excited about any of the items.  Some months are obviously better than others when it comes to Birchbox.  Hopefully February is more exciting!

Interested in trying Birchbox?  Please use my referral link!  https://www.birchbox.com/invite/vnw45

#birchbox

2 comments: