Thursday, January 16, 2014

Stitch Fix #5

I hope that maybe 5th time would be a charm with Stitch fix and I would get sent some great tops to being me into 2014.  Since I have some credit to use, the styling fix for this fix was covered.  I was super hopeful to get some great pieces. The box this time was a little smaller than in the past.  The note for the stylist said she was sending some great basics for me to try out. 

Here is my fix:


With the fix being mostly blouse-y tops, I decided to try them on this go around with a pencil skirt and tuck them in. 

Ivy Birds & Tree Print Blouse by 41 Hawthorn
($68)
Sigh.  Again with a blouse that us both see through and too boxy/big. They keep sending me 41 Hawthorn stuff trying to get me to find a winner but the sizing always seems off!  Status: Returned


Monza Dot Print Mixed Material Blouse by Kensie ($64)
The fit on this was a little better, but I didn't like the style.  The fitted sleeves and super boxy top seemed strange. Status: Returned


Harper 3/4 Sleeve Jacket by 41 Hawthorn ($58)
This is a very strange jacket.  It felt more like a broken in sweater. Status: Returned


Barcelona Solid Silk Short Sleeve Blouse by Daniel Rainn ($78)
This was my favorite item in the box.  I love the bright green color. It's the right size but I just didn't feel like it was doing anything for me (especially for the price).  Status: Returned


Dellora 3/4 Sleeve Zig Zag Blouse by 41 Hawthorn ($58)
I actually thought this pattern was very fun. I probably would have liked it better in black than navy but the potential was there.  Even though this top is very boxy, it was super small in the shoulders/neck.  I'm very puzzled how the same size in the same brand seems to be cut so differently for each item.  Status: Returned. 


So everything was sent back this time around.  I still love the model of stitch fix, but it doesn't seem to be working out for me lately.  I still have some more credit with them, but I'm going to hold off on scheduling another fix until May. Hopefully by then they have some fun summer items to send. 

Interested in trying Stitch Fix?  Please use my referral link!  https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3184070

#stitchfix

No comments:

Post a Comment