Saturday, January 11, 2014

Plated 1/6/14

We started our new year off with 3 delicious meals from plated.com!  They are challenging its members to focus on cooking wholesome meals at home instead of ordering in via #NoTakeOut.  We will definitely end up ordering take out at some point, but we also plan on preparing at 3 subscription box meals (Plated or Blue Apron) every week.

Last week we enjoyed the following:

Tofu Cashew Stir-Fry 
I had forgotten how great jasmine rice is for stir fry.  In addition to this meal being quite enjoyable, it made enough for me to also take some for lunch the next day.  We did end up adding some of our own Sriracha to bring up the spice level a bit.


Steak Fajitas 
Delicious!  D prepared this one on a day he was home from work before me.  The steak was incredibly flavorful and homemade guac is always a win.  I think we'll keep this marinade recipe in our repertoire. 


Chicken Ramen
I think I've mentioned before that putting an egg on top of a dish pretty much guarantees I will love it.  This dish was no exception.  The ramen noodles and broth were very flavorful without being too salty. D and I both loved it.  


We were very happy with all three dishes this week.  An added bonus was that none of them were difficult or time consuming to prepare.  Hopefully our plates for next week are equally as great.

Interested in Trying Plated?  Please use my referral link!  https://www.plated.com/invites/c68767

#plated

No comments:

Post a Comment