Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Monday Musings 1/6/14

Happy 2014!  I realize this version of Monday Musings is coming a day late (aka Thoughts on a Tuesday), but I've been spending the past few days thinking about what I want to do with this blog in the new year.

1.  Staying true to Subscription Boxes
I started thinking of possibly taking my posts in other directions, but I worry that risks making this blog a personal journal.  Though there are many subscription box blogs out there, I'm going to continue to focus on reviewing the boxes I receive.  Hopefully reading them is enjoyable/helpful to people interested in possibly subscribing to something new and want to read about past boxes.  I'm going to occasionally try some new boxes as some others get put on hiatus early this year (Birchbox Man and Barkbox).  I'm also going to return to weekly posts with reviews of our Plated or Blue Apron meals.  And although it is not box related (and sort of journal like) - I will continue to post Monday Musings if I have something to post about.  So get ready for the January Boxes to continue to arrive!

2.  I love my new tea diffuser 
Now I will be more motivated to use all the loose tea I have taking up a whole shelf!  Making one cup is so much easier than a whole pot if I'm the only one drinking it.  Like every year, I'm going to try to drink more water in 2014 so getting excited about tea again definitely helps! 



3.  Getting ready for movie award season
It's my favorite time of the year as so many good movies come out.  I try to see everything nominated for the Best Picture award at the Oscars.  Even though the nominations aren't out yet, it's easy to get a head start with movies that are receiving critical acclaim.  Gravity, 12 Years a Slave, and Wolf of Wall Street were all amazing.  The only disappointment so far was American Hustle.  Yes, the acting was good but the plot didn't really seem like anything new.  D and I both didn't see what all the fuss is about.

4.  Polar Vortex
Is this the first time a cold wave has been giving a name like a tropical storm gets?

Anyone else have thoughts on award season movies?  I'd love any suggestions of what we should see before the nominations are official!

#mondaymusings

No comments:

Post a Comment