Sunday, July 28, 2013

Another weekend update - Papillote and Rocksbox #3

As this blog continues to take shape, I've decided to condense anything I would write about over the weekend into a a single entry.  I guess this also means the posts on a given recipe or box might be a little bit shorter.  

Here are the blogger highlights from the weekend!

1.  We gave our second vegetarian meal this week a try for lunch on Saturday.  


It was an interesting concept cooking everything in the wax paper pouch, but we just didn't love the recipe too much.  It was very earthy tasting with all the mushrooms.  Usually I like mushrooms (D is not a huge fan), but this recipe tasted like it needed something else to cut the strong mushroom flavor a bit.



Score: 3/10

2.  My 3rd Rocksbox arrived!  I was quite excited to see what was in store for me this time, but unfortunately was overwhelmed by 2/3 of the items.  My box included:

Gold Jaali Filigree Band Ring By Isharya (Retail $58, Member's Price $46.40)


Anchor Necklace in Silver by Gorjana (Retail $50, Members price $40)


Druzy Studs in Light Blue by Margaret Elizabeth (Retail $88, Member's price $70.40)


While I was excited to finally see inclusion of silver jewelry (which is usually what I own and wear), I was not a fan of the ring or the necklace.  I'm willing to give the anchor necklace a try, the ring is totally not my style at all.  It reminds me of a giant guy's high school ring.  There is no way I'm going to change my mind on it.  :-( 

I am however in love with the blue earrings!  If it weren't for the earrings, I would be returning this box asap.  The light blue color will nicely compliment the blue scrubs I wear at work every day, so I'm excited to try them out for a bit.  :-)

3.  D and I decided to investigate the "cronut" craze this morning by heading down to Soho when we woke up.  We were silly to think we were the only ones who had this idea.  And even sillier to think that when we got there at 7:30 that the there wouldn't be a line completely around the block for when the bakery opened at 9am.  At least now we know not to wake up every weekend and debate if we want to go try to get cronuts.  Maybe in a couple of months


No comments:

Post a Comment