Friday, July 12, 2013

RocksBox Review (Box #2)

Time to review my second RocksBox!  I ended up mailing back everything in my first box after about two weeks since I wasn't really in love with any of the items.  Impressively, the turnaround time between returning my first box and getting my second was 9 days.  Considering the holiday weekend was included in that time AND the fact the box had to travel between California and NYC, I'd say it's quite efficient.

To refresh your memory as to what RocksBox is, you fill out a style profile on their website and they send you 3 pieces of jewelry.  You can keep the pieces for 60 days or decide to buy them for 20% off. For the membership price of $19.95/month, you can return the box as frequently as possible.  It's sort of like a netflix for jewelry.  Also, if you instagram or twitter a photo of one of your items and tag Rocksbox, you can get a $5 towards purchasing something (maximum $5 per box though).

Again the box was beautifully packaged.



First item is a the "Lena Shimmer Ring" by Gorjana (retail $45, member's price $36).  It's a cute ring that actually fits on my right hand pretty well.  Since my right hand never gets to enjoy any bling, it will be fun to try this out. 



My second item is my favorite in the box.  The "Druzy By The Yard Necklace in Amethyst" by Dara Ettinger (retail $156, member's price $124.80) is simply gorgeous and my favorite color.  I love this necklace.  It's going to be fun to try wearing it both long and doubled up.  The reason I wanted to try Rocksbox was to get to wear fun pieces like this for a couple of weeks without having to pay full price to buy them.  This one will be sad to send back when the time comes.


The final piece in the box is a set of "Petra Earrings in Teal/Mint" by Loren Hope (retail $68, member's price $54.40).  Another really fun item!  These will be fun to wear as statement jewelry for a couple of summer get together's I have coming up. 


I am much more impressed with this RocksBox than the first.  This one definitely will stay with me a little longer than 2 weeks.  At least until I get curious to see what they have in store for me next....


Interested in trying Rocksbox?  Please use my referral link!  



No comments:

Post a Comment