Thursday, July 11, 2013

Snow Pea and Sweet Potato Salad

Time for my first Blue Apron Review this week!  We decided to cook the 
Snow Pea and Sweet Potato Salad first. 


This was one of those recipes where most of the "cooking" time was the prep of chopping all
the veggies.  Like usual,  I was super impressed by how fresh and perfect all the 
produce was (especially the basil and cherry tomatoes for this one - yum!).  An extra added 
perk was the fact that I came home from work to find everything already chopped by 
my amazing husband!  



Chopped basil, walnuts, parm, and garlic become a 
fresh pesto when olive oil is added. 




Overall a great warm dinner salad. The fresh walnut pesto really brought it all together.  
This is definitely a recipe I would make again and all the ingredients would be easy to 
find at any grocery store.  




Score: 7/10

Don't forget to comment on my first Blue Apron post if you would be interested in trying a week for free!

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Not yet! So far Arkansas is as far southwest as they go... :-(

      Delete
  2. My wife and I have been using them for a few weeks. In general we like it, but sometimes the side dishes arent as good as the main courses. I find that when there is a sauce, it is better to use much less than the suggested amount.

    ReplyDelete