Sunday, July 21, 2013

Weekend Update

It was way too hot this weekend to do much, but we did prepare our second Blue Apron meal for lunch yesterday.  Maybe it was the weather, maybe it was the amount of prep time this one required, maybe we just weren't in the mood, but for whatever the reason, this isn't a recipe either of us loved.

French Lentils with Fennel, Grapefruit, and Avocado


After all the usual amount of veggie prepping, the step that took the most time was peeling all the grapefruit membranes.  I don't think I fully did an ideal job, but I tried.


There were a lot of flavors in this that I guess were interesting together (fennel, avocado, lentils, grapefruit), but it was hard to get excited about this as a main meal.  Again, the husband and I disagreed on the score for this one (he's not usually a fan of the salads).




Score: 3/10

Another update from Friday is about my 2nd Rocksbox.  Unfortunately when I went to put on the earrings, this happened....   :-(


The good news was that customer service was very helpful.  They are giving me $10 off my box for next month.  The only minor disappointing news was that the box had to be returned as a set.  After wearing the purple necklace I loved a few more times, I returned the box on Friday.  Now I can get excited to see what is going to come next!

No comments:

Post a Comment