Friday, July 12, 2013

Vegetable Bibimbap

Time for our second Blue Apron dinner this week - Vegetable Bibimbap.

http://www.blueapron.com/recipes/vegetable-bibimbap

I've had Bibimbap in Korean restaurants before, but I never imagined I'd try making it myself at home.  Also, any food that has an egg on top automatically means I will like it. 


All the ingredients for this recipe are also pretty standard at every grocery store except for maybe the Gochugaru (Korean Chili Flakes).  These might have to be found at a specialty food shop, but I'm not sure.  I honestly can say I've never shopped for Gochugaru before.


Again it was a recipe with lots of chopping.  It's totally worth it though when you realize how amazing all the ingredients are.




Tada!  Bibimbap!  It probably would have been better in slightly larger bowls, but it still fit nicely in the ones we had.  And it was delicious - not too spicy but with great flavor.  This is another recipe I feel like I would make again and perhaps add some chicken or beef if I felt like it.

Score: 8/10

No comments:

Post a Comment