Friday, July 12, 2013

Georgetown Cupcakes

Today I had the pleasure of getting to enjoy my afternoon off by having lunch and exploring Soho with my friend Hemashi.  Naturally, we decided one of our activities after lunch should be to "find dessert," and we happened to pass Georgetown Cupcakes.  Since I love cupcakes, I decided I should include them as a regular feature of my blog when I either bake them or try new ones.

Georgetown Cupcakes has been made famous by its TLC show (which I admit I don't know much about but Hemashi does :-).  It was exciting to see one of the two founders of the store working at the Soho location when we went in.  The cupcake display was quite impressive and we decided to split 3 of them since we couldn't decide which looked best.

Here are our 3 cupcakes - peanut butter chocolate, coconut, and red velvet. 


All 3 were delicious.  The icing was not too sweet and very light.  The cupcakes also were quite moist and not too dense.  Their red velvet was probably the best I've had in a long time.  Hemashi's favorite was peanut butter chocolate.  We both agreed all 3 flavors were great though.

Score: 9/10

No comments:

Post a Comment