Thursday, August 15, 2013

August 2013 Birchbox

Birchbox time!  The theme for August is "finishing school" and the box included some coupons for Ann Taylor.  At first glance, it looks like many of the items this month are quite promising.



First up is the "gentle neroli shampoo by (Malin and Goetz)" (sample value: $0.85, full size: $20).  I actually enjoy sampling shampoos, but I do admit that the ketchup packet method of delivery is not my favorite.  It makes multiple uses more challenging.  :-( 


Next we have "Oil-free moisturizer by Juice Beauty" (sample value: $7, full size $28).  I've gotten samples from this company before and generally enjoyed them, but I am definitely confused as to why anyone uses a daytime moisturizer without SPF. 


Third is the "Stay all Day Liquid Lipstick by Stila" (sample value: $6.60, full size $22).  This is one of my favorite make up brands so I was very excited when I first saw it in the box.  I'm also trying to incorporate lip color more frequently into my routine.  This might be a bit much though.  Just tried it on and while it does go on easily and has staying power, this color is too bright for me.  D agrees.  Too bad my box didn't have a lighter shade.  Maybe I'll find an occasion to wear this, most likely will be Halloween. 


My next item is "Exfoliating Body Wash by Whish" (sample value: $2.75, full size $22).  This smells like an amazing coconut drink you would have at the beach.  It's perfect for summer and I can't wait to use it.  I also love that is a sugar scrub.


Finally I have a "hair inhibiting deodorant swipe by Whish" (sample value $0.53, pack of 30 $16).  This will be perfect to bring to the gym when I have someplace to be before coming home.  I'm going to put it in my gym bag to have it handy when I need it.


Overall the variety this month is pretty good, I'm just pretty disappointed with the lipstick color.  This is especially since the formula definitely does seem long lasting and it would have been perfect in a lighter shade.  The overall value of my box was $17.73 - a nice value for $10 considering the variety of products.

Anyone have tips for rocking super bright, red lipstick?

No comments:

Post a Comment