Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wedding Day Survival Kit

This is a special post about a goodie bag of items I put together myself.

This weekend, I'm going to be a bridesmaid for the first time!  Obviously I was very excited for my own wedding a few months ago which was the best day of my life, but I'm SUPER excited to be a bridesmaid for one of my closest friends because I will get to be there to support her on such an amazing day AND I'll get to fully enjoy the party.  ;-)

When planning my own wedding, I noticed there were often little kits for sale for bridesmaids to carry on the wedding day.  Most seemed to be lacking some things I would consider important, but on my wedding day my bridesmaids, mother, and mother in-law made sure everyone had any essential item they could want.  There was also a bit of a break before our ceremony and reception and plenty of stores around in case any day-of shopping was needed, but we had it all covered.

This weekend the ceremony and reception will be in one location without a break, so I decided to make my own survival kit for the weekend.  And of course, hopefully knowing that I have all these things means that no one will need any of them.  (Like carrying an umbrella to prevent it from actually raining.  Haha)

Here is my kit.


Band-aids
Dental Floss
Anti-friction stick for shoes
Double sided tape
Oil blotting papers
Bobby pins
Hair spray
Stain remover stick
Feminine hygiene items
Excedrin and Advil
Q-tips
Mini sewing kit (safety pins, various colored threads, small scissors, buttons, etc)
Chewing gum/mints (not shown here)

It fits nicely into this organza bag I have.  This will make it easier to find things as they are needed.  :-)


There are still 5 days until the wedding.  Any other suggestions of what to add?

No comments:

Post a Comment