Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Weekend update and August Fancy Box

Happy Sunday again blog world!

It's hard to believe another week has passed so quickly.  We had another great week of Plated before spending a nice relaxing weekend at the beach.  It was a solid week but none of the dishes are any we will ever consider making again.  Here are our finished products:

Apricot Chicken - Score 7/10


Beef Kabobs and Brown Rice - Score 7/10


Grilled chicken and Peach Salad - Score 7/10


We definitely love Plated but decided to take a break and return to Blue Apron for some vegetarian goodness next week.  It's nice being able to decide between two great services and have even more variety in deciding what our meals will be.


Also this weekend my final Fancy box was delivered.  This is the box that delivers an array of items from the website fancy.com.  Sometimes I love all the items but it seems most of the time the contents end up being given away.  This month was actually pretty good, but I think I'd rather use the money for a different box.   Anyway, here are the items from the Fancy Box.

"In Snap Issue #9" (retail $20)  This is a magazine that shoes off-duty models, magazine editors, and celebrities during Fashion week.  It's kind of fun to flip through but will probably just end up sitting on our coffee table for a long time.


"Jellyfish Combo Pack" (retail $28)  Here we have a tripod, mount, and sun shield for an iphone.  It seems cool and maybe we'll use it?  Guess we'll have to try it out next tie we go to the beach. 


"LAEX Card Holder" (retail $27)  I actually really like this!  I needed something to hold my business cards and this is so bright, I definitely won't loose it in my bag.


"Tovolo Ice Balls" (retail $10)  This mold allows you to make two enormous (2.5 inch diameter)  ice spheres.  We will use these.


"Young and Wild Tee" (retail $20)  Clearly this T-shirt was printed just for me (haha).  D's favorite items in my closet are always items that come from a box (haha again). 


I've enjoyed giving Fancy Box a try for a few months, but I won't be too sad to move on.  Any suggestions for a box I should try next?

No comments:

Post a Comment