Monday, August 5, 2013

Fresh Pea & Ricotta Ravioli

I love ravioli and I love peas.  This recipe seemed like an instant winner.  While it actually ended up being quite tasty, it mainly served as a lesson as to why most people don't make their own ravioli.

Fresh Pea & Ricotta Ravioli with Lemon Brown Butter




Making ravioli is hard!  It was very messy and I had about half the filling left over after my 18 ravioli were made.  I guess they should have been filled more but then I don't know how I would have closed them.  The whole time I was doing these, I was convinced they would all come open in the boiling water and we would be ordering pizza for dinner.



Amazingly, they turned out much better than expected.  More sauce would have been nice and also just a little more filling.


Due to the difficulty, time, and mess factor I think I'll be letting a professional make my homemade ravioli for now on.

D's score: 5/10
K's score: 4/10 (6/10 for taste, 2/10 for difficult prep)

Has anyone else ever made their own ravioli?  Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment