Thursday, August 29, 2013

September 2013 Naturebox

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I decided to cancel my Naturebox subscription.  This September box will be my last one.  While D and I do like the snacks, it just seemed like it was time to let this box go and possibly subscribe to something more unique that catches my eye.  

That being said, I was super excited for all the snacks in this month's box.  Theme is "fall treats" but these are definitely snacks I would enjoy year round.  

The first snack is "Chia Seed Crackers."  This is the snack I was least excited about.  I've only recently discovered chia seeds as part of my diet and not something that you try to grow on a small terra cotta animal.  The info card suggested trying these with some hummus and that sounds promising.


Next is some "Salted Caramel Pretzel Pops."  D will tell you I got very excited when I took this out of the box.  Salted?  Good.  Caramel?  Great!  Pretzel?  Yes!  Pops?!?!?!?   Mind Blown!!!!!!  These are delicious.  I wish I knew where I could buy these on a regular basis.


The next pack was another exciting one - "Smokey BBQ Peas."  I love BBQ and peas are my favorite vegetable.  These are also quite good - not to salty and with good flavor and crunch.


Our fourth snack is "Sea Salt and Cracked Pepper Sunflower Seeds."  These are interesting.  They are in little granola like clusters and the pepper flavor comes out after a few seconds.  I'm still debating if I like them or not.  It will probably take eating the whole pack to decide.


Last but not least is the "Cranberry Macaroon Granola."  Wow.  This might be the best granola I've ever had.  It's sweet but not too sweet.  I enjoyed some with some chocolate almond milk this morning. Delicious!


I will give Naturebox credit for going out on a high note.  These snacks will definitely be enjoyed and I'm happy I gave it a try.  Who knows - maybe I'll end up resubscribing one day?   Does anyone else subscribe to Naturebox?  What was your favorite snack this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment